27 pupils of Camp-Ithier Government School were rushed to the hospital this afternoon. The pupils inhaled the smoke coming from a burning sugarcane field close to the school.
Some of them started to feel dizzy and were kept under observation as soon as they were transported to the hospital. School officials decided to stop all classes at around 2 pm.
Students of the same institution were hospitalized on 7th of June following a strong smell of pesticide coming from sugarcane fields in the vicinity of the school. Children who were in the classrooms upstairs felt dizzy and started vomiting. Their parents were immediately informed and the students were rushed to the hospital.