They were victims of food poisoning. Five students from Unity College in Rose-Belle had to be rushed to the Jawaharlall Nehru Hospital where they were admitted on Monday 19 September. Police in the region has opened an investigation.
According to an information, it is after eating bread with chicken that the college students got ill. One of the students brought the breads before distributing to his friends. Police are trying to determine if the bread in question comes from the canteen of the school.
Contacted by L’Express, the college management did not wish to dwell on the subject. “L’incident a été géré comme il se doit par le personnel de l’établissement,” the direction simply stated.