Burned In A Toilet: The Victim Dies After 14 Days

She did not survive her burns. Riyane Satyame Gentil, 35 year-old resident of Baie-du-Tombeau, was severely burned in the early hours of Friday September 23 in the toilet. The victim passed away on Friday October 7, or after 14 days of agony.

Riyane Satyame Gentil did not survive to her burns.

Riyane Satyame Gentil did not survive to her burns.

Riyane Satyame Gentil has seen a gruesome end. In the early morning of Friday September 23, this mother went to the toilet. At a point, her 17 year old son was awakened by the cries of pain of his mother.

The teenager went to the toilets which are outside the family home. He could not believe his eyes. His mother was in flames. The son of the victim immediately took a container of water and poured on her mother.

“My mother used to smoke in the toilet. I had the shock of my life seeing the flames,” related the young boy to investigators. They suspect that a cigarette could be the cause of this disaster.

The investigation is supervised by the ACP Madhow.

Comments

comments