Kishan K., 40, was between life and death. This inhabitant of Upper Vale was driving a 50cc moped on Monday afternoon when his motorbike caught fire while he was on the main road at Morcellement St-André. The forties was badly burned. The Plaine-des-Papayes police opened an investigation.
On Monday October 31, Kishan, who works as an assistant driver, took the motorcycle of his brother. He left home at 2:30 PM. Arriving at Morcellement St-André, the Peugeot moped caught fire and Kishan K. was badly burned. Alerted, the Plaine-des-Papayes police rushed to the scene. The victim was rushed to Victoria Hospital in Candos, where he was admitted to the burn unit. His condition inspired serious concerns.
Vinay, 29, the brother of the victim and owner of the moped, did not understand how the two-wheeler caught fire. “I bought this moped six months ago. And about two or three weeks ago, I performed maintenance. My bike was in good condition and I do not know how it caught fire,” said Vinay.
Vijayantee, 63, the mother of Kishan is in shock. “I’m upset and I wish my son to recover quickly,” she says, tearfully.
Plaine-des-Papayes police has opened an investigation to establish the circumstances of the fire. The motorcycle will be sent to the Forensic Science Laboratory for analysis.
Kishan K. died in the morning of Tuesday November 1, it has been confirmed.
The investigation is under the supervision of the assistant police commissioner Maunkee.