Sad end for the 11-year-old girl who was severely burned on Saturday evening October 8 when she lit a stick of incense [sandal] during a prayer.
The girl unfortunately died on Thursday November 10 at the burn unit of the Victoria hospital, where she was admitted since the drama.
An autopsy was underway on Thursday afternoon. The Piton police opened has opened an investigation to establish the circumstances in which the little girl, who lives in Cottage, was burned.
The victim’s 16-year-old sister also suffered burns on the same day. She was burnt on the hands as she tried to help her sister who was coming out of the prayer room.
The teenager told TelePlus that she heard the cries of her little sister who was returning from the prayer room: “Her clothes were on fire. I tried everything I could to extinguish the flames. That’s how I was burned on the hands.”